This watch is new addition to the MT-G lineup that combines metal and resin into attractive, high-function timepieces.
This model feature a new Core Guard Structure that provides outstanding shock resistance.
The metal bezel on the front of the watch and metal back cover create a frame that houses inner workings to reduce the chance of impact force reaching the watch's module. In addition, α gel is used at points of contact on the bezel and back cover to further absorb impact. All of this is in addition to G-SHOCK's renowned Triple G Resist structure.
The case and band surfaces are done to a hairline finish, while the beveled surfaces of parts are sallaz polished to a shiny finish. The large resin dial ring combines CASIO original cutting technology and new evaporation technology, which enable both light weight and outstanding shock resistant.
The band of the watch is fitted with highly durable fine resin panels that deliver a great fit to the wrist along with light weight.
Core Guard Structure
Four stainless-steel pipes form a metal frame that joins the bezel securely with the case back. A resin case is mounted inside the frame to protect the module from direct shocks. This Core Guard Structure with its metal frame mirrors the basic G-SHOCK concept of a “hollow structure” in which the module is fl oated in the air with support at just a few points.
Layered composite band
Metal band parts are combined with lightweight but highly durable fine resin parts to achieve a solid feel and reduce weight simultaneously.
Four-layer dial structure
The 3D dial, comprising four layers and conveying an impression of depth, is mounted with oversized hour markers with prominently protruding edges. Despite the use of resin material to absorb shocks, G-SHOCK's unique cutting and evaporation technologies have helped to produce a robust, radiantly beautiful form.
The bezel, bevelled case sections are processed with Sallaz polishing, a superlative metal-polishing technique, to create beautiful mirror surfaces.
- Triple G Resist
- Sapphire Glass with non-reflective coating
- Shock Resistant
- 200-meter water resistance
- Case / bezel material: Resin / Stainless steel
- Layered Composite Band
- One-touch 3-fold Clasp
- Solid Band
- Solar powered
- Time calibration signal reception
- Auto receive up to six* times a day (remaining auto receives canceled as soon as one is successful)
- *5 times a day for the Chinese calibration signal
- Manual receive
- The latest signal reception results
- Time Calibration Signals
- Station name: DCF77 (Mainflingen, Germany)
- Frequency: 77.5 kHz
- Station name: MSF (Anthorn, England)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: WWVB (Fort Collins, United States)
- Frequency: 60.0 kHz
- Station name: JJY (Fukushima, Fukuoka/Saga, Japan)
- Frequency: 40.0 kHz (Fukushima) / 60.0 kHz (Fukuoka/Saga)
- Station name: BPC (Shangqiu City, Henan Province, China)
- Frequency: 68.5 kHz
- The auto hand home position correction
- World time
- 29 time zones (29 cities + coordinated universal time), daylight saving on/off, auto daylight saving time (DST) switching, Home city/World time city swapping
- 1/20-second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 1:59'59.95''
- Measuring mode: Elapsed time
- Other: Auto-repeat
- Countdown timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 120 minutes
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 to 120 minutes (1-minute increments)
- Daily alarm
- Low battery alert
- Power Saving (hands stop to save power when the watch is left in the dark)
- Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)
- Date display
- Day indicator
- Regular timekeeping
- Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute (hand moves every 10 seconds), second)
- 3 dials (24-hour, world time hour and minute, day), date
- Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Approx. battery operating time:
- 5 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after full charge)
- 27 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)
- Size of case: 58.6 × 53.5 × 15.5 mm
- Total weight: 188 g